Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is attempting to upgrade the IOS system image on a Cisco 2901 router. After the new image has been downloaded and copied to the TFTP server, what command should be issued on the router before the IOS system image is upgraded on the router?
copy tftp: flash0:
3. Which address is used by an IPv6 EIGRP router as the source for hello messages?
the interface IPv6 link-local address
the 32-bit router ID
the all-EIGRP-routers multicast address
the IPv6 global unicast address that is configured on the interface
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator issues the show ipv6 eigrp neighbors command. Which conclusion can be drawn based on the output?
The link-local addresses of neighbor routers interfaces are configured manually.
If R1 does not receive a hello packet from the neighbor with the link-local address FE80::5 in 2 seconds, it will declare the neighbor router is down.
R1 has two neighbors. They connect to R1 through their S0/0/0 and S0/0/1 interfaces.
The neighbor with the link-local address FE80::5 is the first EIGRP neighbor that is learned by R1.
Refer to the exhibit. Which two conclusions can be derived from the output? (Choose two.)
The network 192.168.10.8/30 can be reached through 192.168.11.1.
The reported distance to network 192.168.1.0/24 is 41024256.
Router R1 has two successors to the 172.16.3.0/24 network.
There is one feasible successor to network 192.168.1.8/30.
The neighbor 172.16.6.1 meets the feasibility condition to reach the 192.168.1.0/24 network.
Refer to the exhibit. An administrator attempts to configure EIGRP for IPv6 on a router and receives the error message that is shown. Which command must be issued by the administrator before EIGRP for IPv6 can be configured?
eigrp router-id 100.100.100.100
ipv6 eigrp 100
7. What two conditions have to be met in order to form a cluster that includes 5 access points? (Choose two.)
The APs must use different cluster names.
The APs must all be configured to use different radio modes.
At least two controllers are needed to form the cluster.
The APs have to be connected on the same network segment.
Clustering mode must be enabled on the APs.
8. Which technological factor determines the impact of a failure domain?
the forwarding rate of the switches used on the access layer
the number of layers of the hierarchical network
the role of the malfunctioning device
the number of users on the access layer
9. Which mode configuration setting would allow formation of an EtherChannel link between switches SW1 and SW2 without sending negotiation traffic?
trunking enabled on both switches
PortFast enabled on both switches
10. In a large enterprise network, which two functions are performed by routers at the distribution layer? (Choose two.)
provide Power over Ethernet to devices
provide a high-speed network backbone
connect remote networks
connect users to the network
provide data traffic security
11. A network engineer is implementing security on all company routers. Which two commands must be issued to force authentication via the password 1C34dE for all OSPF-enabled interfaces in the backbone area of the company network? (Choose two.)
area 0 authentication message-digest
ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 1C34dE
username OSPF password 1C34dE
enable password 1C34dE
area 1 authentication message-digest
12. When does an OSPF router become an ABR?
when the router is configured as an ABR by the network administrator
when the router has interfaces in different areas
when the router has an OSPF priority of 0
when the router has the highest router ID
13. Which characteristic would most influence a network design engineer to select a multilayer switch over a Layer 2 switch?
ability to have multiple forwarding paths through the switched network based on VLAN number(s)
ability to aggregate multiple ports for maximum data throughput
ability to build a routing table
ability to provide power to directly-attached devices and the switch itself
14. A network designer is considering whether to implement a switch block on the company network. What is the primary advantage of deploying a switch block?
A single core router provides all the routing between VLANs.
This is network application software that prevents the failure of a single network device.
The failure of a switch block will not impact all end users.
This is a security feature that is available on all new Catalyst switches.
15. A network administrator enters the spanning-tree portfast bpduguard default command. What is the result of this command being issued on a Cisco switch?
Any switch port will be error-disabled if it receives a BPDU.
Any switch port that has been configured with PortFast will be error-disabled if it receives a BPDU.
Any trunk ports will be allowed to connect to the network immediately, rather than waiting to converge.
Any switch port that receives a BPDU will ignore the BPDU message.
16. What are two differences between the Cisco IOS 12 and IOS 15 versions? (Choose two.)
Every Cisco ISR G2 platform router includes a universal image in the IOS 12 versions, but not the IOS 15 versions.
The IOS version 15 license key is unique to each device, whereas the IOS version 12 license key is not device specific.
The IOS 12 version has two trains that occur simultaneously, whereas the IOS 15 version still has two trains, but the versions occur in a single sequential order.
The IOS 12 version has commands that are not available in the 15 version.
IOS version 12.4(20)T1 is a mainline release, whereas IOS version 15.1(1)T1 is a new feature release.
Refer to the exhibit. What are two results of issuing the displayed commands on S1, S2, and S3? (Choose two.)
S3 can be elected as a secondary bridge.
S2 can become root bridge if S3 fails.
S1 will automatically adjust the priority to be the lowest.
S2 can become root bridge if S1 fails.
S1 will automatically adjust the priority to be the highest.
18. A remote classroom can successfully access video-intensive streaming lectures via wired computers. However, when an 802.11n wireless access point is installed and used with 25 wireless laptops to access the same lectures, poor audio and video quality is experienced. Which wireless solution would improve the performance for the laptops?
Upgrade the access point to one that can route.
Decrease the power of the wireless transmitter.
Adjust the wireless NICs in the laptops to operate at 10GHz to be compatible with 802.11n.
Add another access point.
19. A network engineer is troubleshooting a single-area OSPFv3 implementation across routers R1, R2, and R3. During the verification of the implementation, it is noted that the routing tables on R1 and R2 do not include the entry for a remote LAN on R3. Examination of R3 shows the following:
that all interfaces have correct addressing
that the routing process has been globally configured
that correct router adjacencies have formed
What additional action taken on R3 could solve the problem?
Force DR/BDR elections to occur where required.
Use the network command to configure the LAN network under the global routing process.
Enable the OSPFv3 routing process on the interface connected to the remote LAN.
Restart the OPSFv3 routing process.
20. When should EIGRP automatic summarization be turned off?
when a network addressing scheme uses VLSM
when a router has more than three active interfaces
when a network contains discontiguous network addresses
when a router has less than five active interfaces
when a router has not discovered a neighbor within three minutes
21. When will a router that is running EIGRP put a destination network in the active state?
when the EIGRP domain is converged
when there is outgoing traffic toward the destination network
when the connection to the successor of the destination network fails and there is no feasible successor available
when there is an EIGRP message from the successor of the destination network
22. Which action should be taken when planning for redundancy on a hierarchical network design?
add alternate physical paths for data to traverse the network
continually purchase backup equipment for the network
immediately replace a non-functioning module, service or device on a network
implement STP portfast between the switches on the network
23. Fill in the blank. Use the acronym.
Which encryption protocol is used by the WPA2 shared key authentication technique?
Refer to the exhibit. When the show ip ospf neighbor command is given from the R1# prompt, no output is shown. However, when the show ip interface brief command is given, all interfaces are showing up and up. What is the most likely problem?
R1 has not sent a default route down to R2 by using the default-information originate command.
R2 has not brought the S0/0/1 interface up yet.
R1 or R2 does not have a network statement for the 172.16.100.0 network.
The ISP has not configured a static route for the ABC Company yet.
R1 or R2 does not have a loopback interface that is configured yet.
Refer to the exhibit. If router B is to be configured for EIGRP AS 100, which configuration must be entered?
B(config-router)# network 192.168.10.4 0.0.0.3
B(config-router)# network 192.168.10.8 0.0.0.3
B(config-router)# network 192.168.10.64 0.0.0.63
B(config-router)# network 192.168.10.128 0.0.0.63
B(config-router)# network 192.168.10.192 0.0.0.63
B(config-router)# network 192.168.10.4 255.255.255.248
B(config-router)# network 192.168.10.8 255.255.255.248
B(config-router)#network 192.168.10.128 255.255.255.192
B(config-router)# network 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0
B(config-router)# network 192.168.10.0 0.0.0.255
B(config-router)# network 192.168.10.4 0.0.0.3
B(config-router)# network 192.168.10.8 0.0.0.3
B(config-router)#network 192.168.10.128 0.0.0.63
B(config-router)# network 192.168.10.4 0.0.0.3
B(config-router)# network 192.168.10.8 0.0.0.3
Refer to the exhibit. A network technician is troubleshooting missing OSPFv3 routes on a router. What is the cause of the problem based on the command output?
The local router has formed complete neighbor adjacencies, but must be in a 2WAY state for the router databases to be fully synchronized.
The neighbor IDs are incorrect. The interfaces must use only IPv6 addresses to ensure fully synchronized routing databases.
The dead time must be higher than 30 for all routers to form neighbor adjacencies.
There is a problem with the OSPFv3 adjacency between the local router and the router that is using the neighbor ID 184.108.40.206.
Refer to the exhibit. Which two conclusions can be drawn from the output? (Choose two.)
The bundle is fully operational.
The port channel is a Layer 3 channel.
The EtherChannel is down.
The port channel ID is 2.
The load-balancing method used is source port to destination port.
Refer to the exhibit. Based on the command output shown, what is the status of the EtherChannel?
The EtherChannel is dynamic and is using ports Fa0/10 and Fa0/11 as passive ports.
The EtherChannel is in use and functional as indicated by the SU and P flags in the command output.
The EtherChannel is down as evidenced by the protocol field being empty.
The EtherChannel is partially functional as indicated by the P flags for the FastEthernet ports.
29. A network engineer is configuring a LAN with a redundant first hop to make better use of the available network resources. Which protocol should the engineer implement?
30. Users on an IEEE 801.11n network are complaining of slow speeds. The network administrator checks the AP and verifies it is operating properly. What can be done to improve the wireless performance in the network?
Split the wireless traffic between the 802.11n 2.4 GHz band and the 5 GHz band.
Set the AP to mixed mode.
Change the authentication method on the AP.
Switch to an 802.11g AP.
31. A network administrator is troubleshooting slow performance in a Layer 2 switched network. Upon examining the IP header, the administrator notices that the TTL value is not decreasing. Why is the TTL value not decreasing?
This is the normal behavior for a Layer 2 network.
The VLAN database is corrupt.
The MAC address table is full.
The inbound interface is set for half duplex.
32. What is a wireless modulation technique used by 802.11 WLAN standards that can implement MIMO?
33. Which technology is an open protocol standard that allows switches to automatically bundle physical ports into a single logical link?
34. A set of switches is being connected in a LAN topology. Which STP bridge priority value will make it least likely for the switch to be selected as the root?
35. Which wireless network topology is being configured by a technician who is installing a keyboard, a mouse, and headphones, each of which uses Bluetooth?
ad hoc mode
Refer to the exhibit. Which route or routes will be advertised to the router ISP if autosummarization is enabled?
37. When are EIGRP update packets sent?
only when necessary
every 30 seconds via broadcast
every 5 seconds via multicast
when learned routes age out
38. Which requirement should be checked before a network administrator performs an IOS image upgrade on a router?
The old IOS image file has been deleted.
The FTP server is operational.
There is sufficient space in flash memory.
The desired IOS image file has been downloaded to the router.
39. What method of wireless authentication is dependent on a RADIUS authentication server?
40. A network administrator wants to verify the default delay values for the interfaces on an EIGRP-enabled router. Which command will display these values?
show ip protocols
show ip route
41. A network administrator in a branch office is configuring EIGRP authentication between the branch office router and the headquarters office router. Which security credential is needed for the authentication process?
a randomly generated key with the crypto key generate rsa command
a common key configured with the key-string command inside a key chain
the username and password configured on the headquarters office router
the hostname of the headquarters office router and a common password
Refer to the exhibit. Interface FastEthernet 0/1 on S1 is connected to Interface FastEthernet 0/1 on S2, and Interface FastEthernet 0/2 on S1 is connected to Interface FastEthernet 0/2 on S2. What are two errors in the present EtherChannel configurations? (Choose two.)
Desirable mode is not compatible with on mode.
The trunk mode is not allowed for EtherChannel bundles.
Two auto modes cannot form a bundle.
The channel group is inconsistent.
The interface port channel ID should be different in both switches.
43. Which port role is assigned to the switch port that has the lowest cost to reach the root bridge?
44. What are two features of OSPF interarea route summarization? (Choose two.)
ASBRs perform all OSPF summarization.
Routes within an area are summarized by the ABR.
Route summarization results in high network traffic and router overhead.
ABRs advertise the summarized routes into the backbone.
Type 3 and type 5 LSAs are used to propagate summarized routes.
Hide and Save PT
Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
Which message was displayed on the web server?
You’ve made it!
Refer to the exhibit. What two pieces of information could be determined by a network administrator from this output? (Choose two.)
The metric that will be installed in the routing table for the 10.0.0.0 route will be 65 (64+1).
Interface Fa0/1 is not participating in the OSPF process.
R1 is the distribution point for the routers that are attached to the 10.0.0.4 network.
R1 is participating in multiarea OSPF.
The OSPF process number that is being used is 0.
RouterA# -> copy flash0:tftp:
Source Filename? -> C1900-universalk9-m.SPA.152-4.M3.bin
Address or name of remote host -> 2001:DB8:CAFÉ:100::9
48. A network administrator has configured an EtherChannel between two switches that are connected via four trunk links. If the physical interface for one of the trunk links changes to a down state, what happens to the EtherChannel?
Spanning Tree Protocol will recalculate the remaining trunk links.
The EtherChannel will remain functional.
The EtherChannel will transition to a down state.
Spanning Tree Protocol will transition the failed physical interface into forwarding mode.
Refer to the exhibit. Which destination MAC address is used when frames are sent from the workstation to the default gateway?
MAC addresses of both the forwarding and standby routers
MAC address of the standby router
MAC address of the virtual router
MAC address of the forwarding router
Refer to the exhibit. A company has migrated from single area OSPF to multiarea. However, none of the users from network 192.168.1.0/24 in the new area can be reached by anyone in the Branch1 office. From the output in the exhibit, what is the problem?
There are no interarea routes in the routing table for network 192.168.1.0.
The OSPF routing process is inactive.
The router has not established any adjacencies with other OSPF routers.
The link to the new area is down.
51. What are two requirements when using out-of-band configuration of a Cisco IOS network device? (Choose two.)
Telnet or SSH access to the device
a connection to an operational network interface on the device
a direct connection to the console or AUX port
a terminal emulation client
HTTP access to the device
52. For troubleshooting missing EIGRP routes on a router, what three types of information can be collected using the show ip protocols command? (Choose three.)
any interfaces on the router that are configured as passive
any ACLs that are affecting the EIGRP routing process
any interfaces that are enabled for EIGRP authentication
networks that are unadvertised by the EIGRP routing protocol
the local interface that is used to establish an adjacency with EIGRP neighbors
the IP addresses that are configured on adjacent routers
53. What are two requirements to be able to configure an EtherChannel between two switches? (Choose two.)
All the interfaces need to work at the same speed.
All interfaces need to be assigned to different VLANs.
The interfaces that are involved need to be contiguous on the switch.
All the interfaces need to be working in the same duplex mode.
Different allowed ranges of VLANs must exist on each end.
This type of LSA exists in multi-access & non-broadcast multi-access networks w/DR => TYPE 2 LSA
This type of LSA describes routes to networks outside of the OSPF AS => TYPE 5 LSA
This type of LSA is flooded only within the area which it originated => TYPE 1 LSA
This type of LSA is used by ABR to advertise networks from other areas => TYPE 3 LSA
55. At a local college, students are allowed to connect to the wireless network without using a password. Which mode is the access point using?
56. What are three access layer switch features that are considered when designing a network? (Choose three.)
broadcast traffic containment
Power over Ethernet
speed of convergence
Refer to the exhibit. What can be concluded about network 192.168.1.0 in the R2 routing table?
This network has been learned from an internal router within the same area.
This network was learned through summary LSAs from an ABR.
This network is directly connected to the interface GigabitEthernet0/0.
This network should be used to forward traffic toward external networks.
58. Which two statements are correct about EIGRP acknowledgment packets? (Choose two.)
The packets are sent as unicast.
The packets are unreliable.
The packets are used to discover neighbors that are connected on an interface.
The packets require confirmation.
The packets are sent in response to hello packets.
59. An STP instance has failed and frames are flooding the network. What action should be taken by the network administrator?
Broadcast traffic should be investigated and eliminated from the network.
Spanning tree should be disabled for that STP instance until the problem is located.
Redundant links should be physically removed until the STP instance is repaired.
A response from the network administrator is not required because the TTL field will eventually stop the frames from flooding the network.
60. A network administrator issues the command R1(config)# license boot module c1900 technology-package securityk9 on a router. What is the effect of this command?
The IOS will prompt the user to provide a UDI in order to activate the license.
The IOS will prompt the user to reboot the router.
The features in the Security package are available immediately.
The Evaluation Right-To-Use license for the Security technology package is activated.
61. A router has been removed from the network for maintenance. A new Cisco IOS software image has been successfully downloaded to a server and copied into the flash of the router. What should be done before placing the router back into service?
Delete the previous version of the Cisco IOS software from flash.
Copy the running configuration to NVRAM.
Back up the new image.
Restart the router and verify that the new image starts successfully.
62. What are the two methods that are used by a wireless NIC to discover an AP? (Choose two.)
receiving a broadcast beacon frame
delivering a broadcast frame
transmitting a probe request
sending an ARP request
initiating a three-way handshak
Refer to the exhibit. Why did R1 and R2 not establish ad adjacency?
The link-local address must be the same on both routers.
The AS number must be the same on R1 and R2.
R1 S0/0/0 and R2 S0/0/0 are on different networks.
The no shutdown command is misapplied on both routers.
The router ID must be the same on both routers.
feasible distance to 192.168.11.64 => 660110
new successor to network 192.168.1.0 => 192.168.3.1
destination network => 192.168.11.64
Espero haber ayudado en algo. Hasta la próxima oportunidad!