1. What term is used to describe a hierarchical model in which three layers are not needed?
2. A DHCPREQUEST message has been sent from the client to the DHCP server. What information is included in the message?
initial message to locate a DHCP server
confirmation that the IP address has been allocated to the client
denial message to reject the first offer from the DHCP server
formal request for the offered IP address
3. Users on an IEEE 801.11n network are complaining of slow speeds. The network administrator checks the AP and verifies it is operating properly. What can be done to improve the wireless performance in the network?
Switch to an 802.11g AP.
Set the AP to mixed mode.
Split the wireless traffic between the 802.11n 2.4 GHz band and the 5 GHz band.
Change the authentication method on the AP.
4. Where in the Cisco Borderless Architecture is the forwarding rate crucial?
at all layers
at core layer only
at distribution layer only
at access layer only
at distribution and core layers only
5. While analyzing log files, a network administrator notices reoccurring native VLAN mismatches. What is the effect of these reoccurring errors?
Unexpected traffic on the error-occurring trunk port is being received.?
The control and management traffic on the error-occurring trunk port is being misdirected or dropped.
All traffic on the error-occurring trunk port is being misdirected or dropped.
All traffic on the error-occurring trunk port is being switched correctly regardless of the error.
Refer to the exhibit. VLAN10 and VLAN20 have been created on SW_1 and SW_2 and switch ports have been assigned to the appropriate VLAN. Workstations in VLAN 10 can ping workstations in VLAN 10 that connect to either switch, but workstations in VLAN 20 cannot ping workstations in VLAN 20 on the opposite switch. Based on the output, what is most likely the problem?
Interfaces FA0/1 on SW_1 and SW_2 need to be configured as trunk ports.
Interfaces FA0/3 on both switches need to be configured as access ports.
VTP is not working properly between SW_1 and SW_2.
FA 0/1 on SW_1 needs to be assigned to VLAN 20.
FA 0/1 on SW_2 needs to be assigned to VLAN 20.
RouterA# -> copy flash0:tftp:
Source Filename? -> C1900-universalk9-m.SPA.152-4.M3.bin
Address or name of remote host -> 2001:DB8:CAFÉ:100::9
This type of LSA exists in multi-access & non-broadcast multi-access networks w/DR => TYPE 2 LSA
This type of LSA describes routes to networks outside of the OSPF AS => TYPE 5 LSA
This type of LSA is flooded only within the area which it originated => TYPE 1 LSA
This type of LSA is used by ABR to advertise networks from other areas => TYPE 3 LSA
8. A network administrator is using the router-on-a-stick method to configure inter-VLAN routing. Switch port Gi1/1 is used to connect to the router. Which command should be entered to prepare this port for the task?
Switch(config)# interface gigabitethernet 1/1
Switch(config-if)# switchport mode trunk
Switch(config)# interface gigabitethernet 1/1
Switch(config-if)# switchport access vlan 1
Switch(config)# interface gigabitethernet 1/1
Switch(config-if)# spanning-tree vlan 1
Switch(config)# interface gigabitethernet 1/1
Switch(config-if)# spanning-tree portfast
9. Which attack allows the attacker to see all frames on a broadcast network by causing a switch to flood all incoming traffic?
802.1q double tagging
MAC table overflow
10. Refer to the exhibit. A Layer 3 switch routes for three VLANs and connects to a router for Internet connectivity. Which two configurations would be applied to the switch? (Choose two.)
(config)# interface gigabitethernet1/1
(config-if)# switchport mode trunk
(config)# interface fastethernet0/4
(config-if)# switchport mode trunk
(config)# interface gigabitethernet 1/1
(config-if)# no switchport
(config-if)# ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.252
(config)# interface vlan 1
(config-if)# ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0
(config-if)# no shutdown
(config)# ip routing
11. Which statement is true regarding states of the IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol?
Ports must be blocked before they can be placed in the disabled state.
Ports are manually configured to be in the forwarding state.
It takes 15 seconds for a port to go from blocking to forwarding.
Ports listen and learn before going into the forwarding state.
12. Under which two occasions should an administrator disable DTP while managing a local area network? (Choose two.)
on links that should dynamically attempt trunking
when a neighbor switch uses a DTP mode of dynamic desirable
on links that should not be trunking
when connecting a Cisco switch to a non-Cisco switch
when a neighbor switch uses a DTP mode of dynamic auto
13. When a fixed configuration switch is purchased for use on a new network infrastructure, which feature would be of most value if the network is characterized as having a large numbers of users but the users require little bandwidth?
14. Using default settings, what is the next step in the switch boot sequence after the IOS loads from flash?
Load the bootstrap program from ROM.
Locate and load the startup-config file from NVRAM.
Search for a backup IOS in ROM.
Load the running-config file from RAM.
Perform the POST routine.
15. What will be the result of adding the command ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.4.1 10.10.4.5 to the configuration of a local router that has been configured as a DHCP server?
Traffic that is destined for 10.10.4.1 and 10.10.4.5 will be dropped by the router.
The DHCP server will not issue the addresses ranging from 10.10.4.1 to 10.10.4.5.
Traffic will not be routed from clients with addresses between 10.10.4.1 and 10.10.4.5.
The router will ignore all traffic that comes from the DHCP servers with addresses 10.10.4.1 and 10.10.4.5.
16. What method of wireless authentication is dependent on a RADIUS authentication server?
17. Which two statements are characteristics of routed ports on a multilayer switch? (Choose two.)?
They are not associated with a particular VLAN.
They support subinterfaces, like interfaces on the Cisco IOS routers.
The interface vlan <vlan number> command has to be entered to create a VLAN on routed ports.
They are used for point-to-multipoint links.
In a switched network, they are mostly configured between switches at the core and distribution layers.
18. In which link aggregation mode does an interface initiate EtherChannel negotiation by sending LACP packets?
19. Which command, when issued in the interface configuration mode of a router, enables the interface to acquire an IPv4 address automatically from an ISP, when that link to the ISP is enabled?
ip address dhcp
ip dhcp pool
20. What is the purpose of the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)?
creates smaller broadcast domains
creates smaller collision domains
prevents routing loops on a router
prevents Layer 2 loops
allows Cisco devices to exchange routing table updates
21. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is implementing the stateless DHCPv6 operation for the company. Clients are configuring IPv6 addresses as expected. However, the clients are not getting the DNS server address and the domain name information configured in the DHCP pool. What could be the cause of the problem?
The router is configured for SLAAC operation.
The DNS server address is not on the same network as the clients are on.
The GigabitEthernet interface is not activated.
The clients cannot communicate with the DHCPv6 server, evidenced by the number of active clients being 0.
22. What impact does the use of the mdix auto configuration command have on an Ethernet interface on a switch?
automatically detects interface speed
automatically detects duplex settings
automatically detects copper cable type
automatically assigns the first detected MAC address to an interface
23. What are two advantages of EtherChannel? (Choose two.)
Spanning Tree Protocol ensures redundancy by transitioning failed interfaces in an EtherChannel to a forwarding state.
Load balancing occurs between links configured as different EtherChannels.
Configuring the EtherChannel interface provides consistency in the configuration of the physical links.
Spanning Tree Protocol views the physical links in an EtherChannel as one logical connection.
EtherChannel uses upgraded physical links to provide increased bandwidth.
24. When configuring a router as part of a router-on-a-stick inter-VLAN routing topology, where should the IP address be assigned?
to the SVI
to the VLAN
to the subinterface
to the interface
25. An employee connects wirelessly to the company network using a cell phone. The employee then configures the cell phone to act as a wireless access point that will allow new employees to connect to the company network. Which type of security threat best describes this situation?
denial of service
rogue access point
Refer to the exhibit. Devices on VLANs 5 and 6 cannot communicate. What could be the cause for the lack of inter-VLAN communication?
The GigabitEthernet 0/1 port has not been enabled on the switch.
R1 does not have a default gateway.
Routing has not been enabled on the multilayer switch.
SVIs have not been created.
The GigabitEthernet 0/1 port has not been made a routed port.
27. Which two statements are true about VLAN implementation? (Choose two.)
The network load increases significantly because of added trunking information.
The size of the collision domain is reduced.
The number of required switches in a network decreases.
VLANs logically group hosts, regardless of physical location.
Devices in one VLAN do not hear the broadcasts from devices in another VLAN.
28. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement shown in the output allows router R1 to respond to stateless DHCPv6 requests?
ipv6 nd other-config-flag?
prefix-delegation 2001:DB8:8::/48 00030001000E84244E70?
ipv6 dhcp server LAN1?
Refer to the exhibit. What is the purpose of the configuration commands that are shown?
to make the port a member of VLAN 30
to add VLAN 30 to the trunk that is connected to port Fa0/10
to activate port Fa0/10
to activate port security on port Fa0/10
Refer to the exhibit. A host connected to Fa0/0 is unable to acquire an IP address from this DHCP server. The output of the debug ip dhcp server command shows “DHCPD: there is no address pool for 192.168.1.1″. What is the problem?
The 192.168.1.1 address has not been excluded from the DHCP pool.
The default router for the 192Network pool is incorrect.
The 192.168.1.1 address is already configured on Fa0/0.
The pool of addresses for the 192Network pool is incorrect.
31. What is the PoE pass-through feature?
how the switch supplies electrical power to all of the line cards that are connected to it
the capability of powering the switch as well as any devices that are directly connected to the switch
how the power is supplied for a stack of switches
the capability of a wireless AP to supply electrical power to IP phones
32. What are two requirements to be able to configure an EtherChannel between two switches? (Choose two.)
All the interfaces need to be working in the same duplex mode.
All the interfaces need to work at the same speed.
Different allowed ranges of VLANs must exist on each end.
All interfaces need to be assigned to different VLANs.
The interfaces that are involved need to be contiguous on the switch.
33. Which three pairs of trunking modes will establish a functional trunk link between two Cisco switches? (Choose three.)
dynamic auto – dynamic auto
access – dynamic auto
dynamic desirable – trunk
dynamic desirable – dynamic auto
dynamic desirable – dynamic desirable
access – trunk
34. While attending a conference, participants are using laptops for network connectivity. When a guest speaker attempts to connect to the network, the laptop fails to display any available wireless networks. The access point must be operating in which mode?
Refer to the exhibit. Which destination MAC address is used when frames are sent from the workstation to the default gateway?
MAC address of the forwarding router
MAC address of the virtual router
MAC address of the standby router
MAC addresses of both the forwarding and standby routers
36. What two conditions have to be met in order to form a cluster that includes 5 access points? (Choose two.)
The APs have to be connected on the same network segment.
At least two controllers are needed to form the cluster.
The APs must use different cluster names.
The APs must all be configured to use different radio modes.
Clustering mode must be enabled on the APs.
37. An administrator needs management access to a switch from a remote offsite location. Which three configurations are required on the switch to allow the administrator to have remote access using either SSH or Telnet? (Choose three.)
console line password
VLAN IP address
vty line password
38. When would a network designer be concerned with RUs?
when purchasing a specific number of switches for a network rack
when calculating maximum port speed
when considering port density
when determining the number of available line cards
39. Which impact does adding a Layer 2 switch have on a network?
an increase in the size of the broadcast domain
an increase in the number of network collisions
an increase in the size of the collision domain
an increase in the number of dropped frames
40. An STP instance has failed and frames are flooding the network. What action should be taken by the network administrator?
A response from the network administrator is not required because the TTL field will eventually stop the frames from flooding the network.
Broadcast traffic should be investigated and eliminated from the network.
Redundant links should be physically removed until the STP instance is repaired.
Spanning tree should be disabled ?for that STP instance until the problem is located.
41. A network administrator has configured an EtherChannel between two switches that are connected via four trunk links. If the physical interface for one of the trunk links changes to a down state, what happens to the EtherChannel?
The EtherChannel will remain functional.
The EtherChannel will transition to a down state.
Spanning Tree Protocol will recalculate the remaining trunk links.
Spanning Tree Protocol will transition the failed physical interface into forwarding mode.
Refer to the exhibit. Which two commands or groups of commands are needed to complete the switch configuration so that SSH can be used to telnet from host A to SW_1? (Choose two.)
SW_1(config)# login ssh
SW_1(config)# password class
SW_1(config)# line vty 0 15
SW_1(config-line)# password cisco
SW_1(config)# password encrypted cisco
SW_1(config)# line vty 0 15
SW_1(config-line)# login local
SW_1(config-line)# transport input ssh
SW_1(config)# login key rsa
SW_1(config)# password cisco
SW_1(config)# username david password class
Refer to the exhibit.
A network administrator is verifying the bridge ID and the status of this switch in the STP election. Which statement is correct based on the command output?
The STP instance on Switch_2 is using the default STP priority and the election is based on Switch_2 MAC address.
The bridge priority of Switch_2 has been lowered to a predefined value to become the root bridge.
The bridge priority of Switch_2 has been lowered to a predefined value to become the backup root bridge.
The STP instance on Switch_2 is failing due to no ports being blocked and all switches believing they are the root.
44. When would a network engineer configure an access point with channel bonding?
when security is an issue
when trunking is enabled between the access point and switch
when older wireless NICs are being used
when more throughput is needed
45. What two STP features are incorporated into Rapid PVST+? (Choose two.)
46. Which wireless network topology is being configured by a technician who is installing a keyboard, a mouse, and headphones, each of which uses Bluetooth?
ad hoc mode
Refer to the exhibit. Two VLANs have been configured on the switch and PCs have been assigned. PCs in the Sales VLAN can ping all PCs in their own VLAN, but cannot ping the PCs in the HR VLAN. What are two explanations for this problem? (Choose two.)
A router is required for communication between VLANs.
The management VLAN has not been assigned an IP address.
The PCs are in separate broadcast domains.
All PCs are in one collision domain.
All PCs are in one broadcast domain.
Refer to the exhibit. The partial configuration that is shown was used to configure router on a stick for VLANS 10, 30, and 50. However, testing shows that there are some connectivity problems between the VLANs. Which configuration error is causing this problem?
The VLAN IP addresses should belong to the same subnet.
A configuration for the native VLAN is missing.
The wrong VLAN has been configured on subinterface Fa0/0.50.
There is no IP address configured for the FastEthernet 0/0 interface.
Refer to the exhibit. Router RA receives a packet with a source address of 192.168.1.65 and a destination address of 192.168.1.161. What will the router do with this packet?
The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.1.
The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.3.
The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.2 and interface FastEthernet 0/1.3.
The router will broadcast the packet out every sub-interface except for the one that received the packet.
The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.2.
The router will drop the packet.
50. Which two methods can be used to provide secure management access to a Cisco switch? (Choose two.)
Configure SSH for remote management.
Configure all switch ports to a new VLAN that is not VLAN 1.
Configure the native VLAN to match the default VLAN.
Configure specific ports for management traffic on a specific VLAN.
Configure all unused ports to a “black hole.”
51. Which factor can limit the implementation of a converged network infrastructure?
point-to-point video traffic
52. When the show spanning-tree vlan 33 command is issued on a switch, three ports are shown in the forwarding state. In which two port roles could these interfaces function while in the forwarding state? (Choose two.)
53. An administrator was troubleshooting a router-on-a-stick topology and concluded that the problem was related to the configuration of VLANs on the router subinterfaces. Which two commands can the administrator use in the router to identify the problem? (Choose two.)
show ip interface
show ip protocols
54. What are the two methods that are used by a wireless NIC to discover an AP? (Choose two.)
initiating a three-way handshake
delivering a broadcast frame
receiving a broadcast beacon frame
transmitting a probe request
sending an ARP request
Refer to the exhibit. An attacker on PC-A sends a frame with two 802.1Q tags on it, one for VLAN 10 and another for VLAN 20. What will happen to this frame?
ALS1 will leave both tags on the frame and send it to ALS2, which will forward it to hosts on VLAN 10.
ALS1 will remove both tags and forward the rest of the frame across the trunk link, where ALS2 will forward the frame to hosts on VLAN 10.
ALS1 will remove the outer tag and send the rest of the frame across the trunk link, where ALS2 will forward the frame to hosts on VLAN 20.
It will be dropped by ALS1 because it is invalid.
56. Which switching method results in the lowest latency when forwarding frames?
store and forward
57. A set of switches is being connected in a LAN topology. Which STP bridge priority value will make it least likely for the switch to be selected as the root?
Which two commands should be implemented to return a Cisco 3560 trunk port to its default configuration? (Choose two.)
S1(config-if)# no switchport trunk native vlan
S1(config-if)# no switchport trunk allowed vlan
S1(config-if)# switchport access vlan 1
S1(config-if)# switchport mode dynamic desirable
S1(config-if)# switchport mode access
This will open the PT activity. Any changes made will be saved for the duration of this exam session
This will close the PT activity, but any changes made will be saved for the duration of this exam session. To resume your work on this PT Activity, click “Launch PT” to reopen and resume your work in PT.
Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
Why can PC0 not communicate with Server0 by using the IP address as the target?
The DHCP pool configuration is incorrect on Router1.
The ip helper-address command is missing on Router0.
The dns-server command is missing on Router1.
The ip helper-address command is missing on Router2.
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring inter-VLAN routing. However, the communication between VLAN 10 and VLAN 20 fails. Based on the output of the show vlan command, what is the cause of the problem?
Gi1/1 and Gi1/2 are not configured as trunk mode.
The IP addresses on Gi0/0 and Gi0/1 are switched by mistake.
Gi1/1 and Gi1/2 are not assigned to their respective VLANs.
The IP addresses on Gi0/0 and Gi0/1 are not on the same network.
Refer to the exhibit. An administrator is troubleshooting an EtherChannel configuration that is causing the port channel to drop between switches S1 and S2. Based on the output that is shown, which action would allow switches S1 and S2 to automatically negotiate an EtherChannel with PAgP?
On S2, change the channel group number to “1.”
On S2, change the channel group mode to “on.”
On S1, change the channel group mode to “desirable.”
On S1, change the channel group mode to “active.”
62. Which technology is an open protocol standard that allows switches to automatically bundle physical ports into a single logical link?
Refer to the exhibit. Computer A sends a broadcast message. Which devices will see the broadcast?
computer B and Router1
computer A, computer B, computer C, computer D, computer E and Router1
computer B, computer D, computer E and Router1
computer B, computer C, computer D, computer E and Router1
computer C and Router1
Espero haber ayudado en algo. Hasta la próxima oportunidad!