1. Select three protocols that operate at the Application Layer of the OSI model. (Choose three.)
3. A manufacturing company subscribes to certain hosted services from their ISP. The services required include hosted world wide web, file transfer, and e-mail. Which protocols represent these three key applications? (Choose three.)
Match the DNS record type to the corresponding description
A – end device address
NS – authoritative name server
CNAME – canonical name
MX – mail exchange record
5. Which phrase describes an FTP daemon?
a program that is running on an FTP server
a diagnostic FTP program
a program that is running on an FTP client
an application that is used to request data from an FTP server
6.Which two actions are taken by SMTP if the destination email server is busy when email messages are sent? (Choose two.)
SMTP periodically checks the queue for messages and attempts to send them again
SMTP tries to send the messages at a later time
SMTP sends an error message back to the sender and closes the connection.
SMTP will discard the message if it is still not delivered after a predetermined expiration time.
SMTP sends the messages to another mail server for delivery.
7.When would it be more efficient to use SMB to transfer files instead of FTP?
when downloading large numbers of files from the same server
when downloading large files with a variety of formats from different servers
when a peer-to-peer application is required
when the host devices on the network use the Windows operating system
when uploading the same file to multiple remote servers
8. What is an example of network communication that uses the client-server model?
A workstation initiates a DNS request when the user types www.cisco.com in the address bar of a web browser.
A user uses eMule to download a file that is shared by a friend after the file location is determined.
A workstation initiates an ARP to find the MAC address of a receiving host.
A user prints a document by using a printer that is attached to a workstation of a coworker.
9. What is true about the Server Message Block protocol?
Clients establish a long term connection to servers.
Different SMB message types have a different format.
SMB messages cannot authenticate a session.
SMB uses the FTP protocol for communication.
Refer to the exhibit. What command was used to resolve a given host name by querying the name servers?
A user can manually query the name servers to resolve
a given host name using the nslookup command.
Nslookup is both a command and a utility.
11. Which DNS server in the DNS hierarchy would be considered authoritative for the domain name records of a company named netacad?
12. A user accessed the game site www.nogamename.com last week. The night before the user accesses the game site again, the site administrator changes the site IP address. What will be the consequence of that action for the user?
The user will access the site without problems.
The user will not be able to access the site.
The user will have to modify the DNS server address on the local PC in order to access the site.
The user will have to issue a ping to this new IP address to be sure that the domain name remained the same.
Match the purpose with its DHCP message type
DHCPREQUEST – a message that is used to identify the explicit server and lease offer to accept
DHCPDISCOVER – a message that is used to locate any available DHCP server on the network
DHCPOFFER – a message that is used to suggest a lease to a client
DHCPACK – a message that is used to acknowledge that the lease is successful
14. What are two characteristics of peer-to-peer networks? (Choose two.)
resource sharing without a dedicated server
one way data flow
centralized user accounts
15. Which three layers of the OSI model provide similar network services to those provided by the application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
data link layer
16. What is an advantage for small organizations of adopting IMAP instead of POP?
Messages are kept in the mail servers until the client manually deletes them.
When the user connects to a POP server, copies of the messages are kept in the mail server for a short time, but IMAP keeps them for a long time.
IMAP sends and retrieves email, but POP only retrieves email.
POP only allows the client to store messages in a centralized way, while IMAP allows distributed storage.
17. Which application layer protocol uses message types such as GET, PUT, and POST?
18. A DHCP-enabled client PC has just booted. During which two steps will the client PC use broadcast messages when communicating with a DHCP server? (Choose two.)
Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
Which PC or PCs are sending FTP packets to the server?
PC_1 and PC_3
20. Which three statements describe a DHCP Discover message? (Choose three.)
The destination IP address is 255.255.255.255.
The message comes from a client seeking an IP address.
All hosts receive the message, but only a DHCP server replies.
The source MAC address is 48 ones (FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF).
The message comes from a server offering an IP address.
Only the DHCP server receives the message.
21. Which two tasks are functions of the presentation layer? (Choose two.)
22. What is the acronym for the protocol that is used when securely communicating with a web server?
Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS)
is the protocol that is used for accessing or
posting web server information using a secure communication channel.
Descargar el exámen
Espero haber ayudado en algo. Hasta la próxima oportunidad!