1. Which WAN technology is cell-based and well suited to carry voice and video traffic?
2. Which WAN connectivity method would be used in a remote location where there are no service provider networks?
3. Which network scenario will require the use of a WAN?
Employees need to access web pages that are hosted on the corporate web servers in the DMZ within their building.
Employees need to connect to the corporate email server through a VPN while traveling.
Employee workstations need to obtain dynamically assigned IP addresses.
Employees in the branch office need to share files with the headquarters office that is located in a separate building on the same campus network.
4. Which two technologies use the PSTN network to provide an Internet connection? (Choose two.)
5. Which geographic scope requirement would be considered a distributed WAN scope?
6. What are two advantages of packet switching over circuit switching? (Choose two.)
A connection through the service provider network is established quickly before communications start.
There are fewer delays in the data communications processes.
The communication costs are lower.
Multiple pairs of nodes can communicate over the same network channel.
A dedicated secure circuit is established between each pair of communicating nodes.
7. Which connectivity method would be best for a corporate employee who works from home two days a week, but needs secure access to internal corporate databases?
Place the options in the following order:
- not scored –
– not scored –
9. Which wireless technology provides Internet access through cellular networks?
10. What is a requirement of a connectionless packet-switched network?
Full addressing information must be carried in each data packet.
A virtual circuit is created for the duration of the packet delivery.
Each packet has to carry only an identifier.
The network predetermines the route for a packet.
11. A customer needs a WAN virtual connection that provides high-speed, dedicated bandwidth between two sites. Which type of WAN connection would best fulfill this need?
12. Which WAN technology establishes a dedicated constant point-to-point connection between two sites?
13. A company needs to interconnect several branch offices across a metropolitan area. The network engineer is seeking a solution that provides high-speed converged traffic, including voice, video, and data on the same network infrastructure. The company also wants easy integration to their existing LAN infrastructure in their office locations. Which technology should be recommended?
14. A home user lives within 10 miles (16 kilometers) of the Internet provider network. Which type of technology provides high-speed broadband service with wireless access for this home user?
15. Which two devices are needed when a digital leased line is used to provide a connection between the customer and the service provider? (Choose two.)
Layer 2 switch
Place the options in the following order:
uses traditional video network
uses traditional phone network
set up by a city to provide free Internet access
slow access (upload speed is about one-tenth download speed)
– not scored -
17. What is a feature of dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) technology?
It replaces SONET and SDH technologies.
It provides Layer 3 support for long distance data communications.
It provides a 10 Gb/s multiplexed signal over analog copper telephone lines.
It enables bidirectional communications over one strand of fiber.
18. What is the recommended technology to use over a public WAN infrastructure when a branch office is connected to the corporate site?
19. A small company with 10 employees uses a single LAN to share information between computers. Which type of connection to the Internet would be appropriate for this company?
a broadband service, such as DSL, through their local service provider
a dialup connection that is supplied by their local telephone service provider
Virtual Private Networks that would enable the company to connect easily and securely with employees
private dedicated lines through their local service provider
20. What is a long distance fiber-optic media technology that supports both SONET and SDH, and assigns incoming optical signals to specific wavelengths of light?
21. A new corporation needs a data network that must meet certain requirements. The network must provide a low cost connection to sales people dispersed over a large geographical area. Which two types of WAN infrastructure would meet the requirements? (Choose two.)
22. What are two common high-bandwidth fiber-optic media standards? (Choose two.)
Espero haber ayudado en algo. Hasta la próxima oportunidad!