1. What is the most cost-effective method of solving interface congestion that is caused by a high level of traffic between two switches?
increase uplink speed
aggregate ports by using EtherChannel
insert a router between the switches
add more VLANs to reduce broadcast domains
Refer to the exhibit. An EtherChannel was configured between switches S1 and S2, but the interfaces do not form an EtherChannel. What is the problem?
The interface port-channel number has to be different on each switch.
The EtherChannel was not configured with the same allowed range of VLANs on each interface.
The switch ports were not configured with speed and duplex mode.
The switch ports have to be configured as access ports with each port having a VLAN assigned.
Refer to the exhibit. The administrator tried to create an EtherChannel between S1 and the other two switches via the commands that are shown, but was unsuccessful. What is the problem?
Traffic cannot be sent to two different switches, but only to two different devices like an EtherChannel-enabled server and a switch.
Traffic can only be sent to two different switches if EtherChannel is implemented on Gigabit Ethernet interfaces.
Traffic cannot be sent to two different switches through the same EtherChannel link.
Traffic can only be sent to two different switches if EtherChannel is implemented on Layer 3 switches.
4. Which command will initiate EtherChannel interface configuration mode?
interface range interface-identifier
interface port-channel interface-identifier
5. When a range of ports is being configured for EtherChannel, which mode will configure LACP so that it initiates the EtherChannel negotiation?
6. As the network administrator you have been asked to implement EtherChannel on the corporate network. What does this configuration consist of?
providing redundant links that dynamically block or forward traffic
grouping multiple physical ports to increase bandwidth between two switches
providing redundant devices to allow traffic to flow in the event of device failure
grouping two devices to share a virtual IP address
Place the options in the following order:
This command shows information about the status of the port involved in the Etherchannel.
– not scored -
This command shows information about the reliability of the port-channel.
This command is used to check what port channels are configured on a switch.
This command shows the list of ports involved in the port channel and the time since the ports were bundled.
Refer to the exhibit. Which switching technology would allow each access layer switch link to be aggregated to provide more bandwidth between each Layer 2 switch and the Layer 3 switch?
9. Which three options must match in order to establish an EtherChannel between two directly connected switches? (Choose three.)
speed of the interfaces that are used for EtherChannel
port numbers that are used for the EtherChannel
VLAN memberships of the interfaces that are used for EtherChannel
domain names on the switches
duplex settings of the interfaces that are used for EtherChannel
port security settings on the interfaces that used for EtherChannel
10. Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
What are two reasons why the ping messages that are issued from Laptop0 towards Laptop1 are failing? (Choose two.)
The channel group mode is not set correctly on the switches.
The channel group should be configured as a trunk on each switch.
The interface VLAN 1 is shut down on both switches.
The wrong cable types are connecting the two switches.
The two interfaces on each of the switches belong to different VLANs.
11. Which statement is true regarding the use of PAgP to create EtherChannels?
It increases the number of ports that are participating in spanning tree.
It mandates that an even number of ports (2, 4, 6, etc.) be used for aggregation.
It is Cisco proprietary.
It requires more physical links than LACP does.
It requires full duplex.
12. What is an advantage of using LACP?
provides a simulated environment for testing link aggregation
decreases the amount of configuration that is needed on a switch for EtherChannel
increases redundancy to Layer 3 devices
allows automatic formation of EtherChannel links
decreases the chance of a spanning-tree loop
13. Which two protocols are link aggregation protocols? (Choose two.)
14. Which statement describes an EtherChannel implementation?
EtherChannel operates only at Layer 2.
EtherChannel can connect up to a maximum of eight separate links.
A trunked port can be part of an EtherChannel bundle.
PAgP cannot be used in conjunction with EtherChannel.
15. What is a best practice to use before beginning an EtherChannel implementation?
Assign affected interfaces to the management VLAN.
Enable each of the affected interfaces.
Assign affected interfaces to an unused VLAN.
Assign affected interfaces to VLAN 1.
Shut down each of the affected interfaces.
16. Which PAgP mode combination will establish an EtherChannel?
switch 1 set to desirable; switch 2 set to desirable.
switch 1 set to auto; switch 2 set to on.
switch 1 set to auto; switch 2 set to auto.
switch 1 set to on; switch 2 set to desirable.
17. When a range of ports is being configured for EtherChannel by the use of PAgP, which mode will form the bundled channel only if the port receives PAgP packets from another device?
18. Which two load balancing methods can be implemented with EtherChannel technology? (Choose two.)
destination IP to destination MAC
destination MAC to destination IP
source IP to destination IP
source MAC to destination MAC
destination IP to source IP
destination MAC to source MAC
19. An EtherChannel link using LACP was formed between two switches, S1 and S2. While verifying the configuration, which mode combination could be utilized on both switches?
S1-on and S2-active
S1-passive and S2-passive
S1-on and S2-passive
S1-passive and S2-active
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has decided that an EtherChannel between ports 0/1 and 0/2 on switches S1 and S2 would help performance. After making the configuration, the administrator notices no performance gain. Based on the output that is shown, what two possible assumptions could a network administrator make? (Choose two.)
One of the ports on S2 was not configured correctly.
The EtherChannel bundle is not working.
LACP and PAgP were both used to form the EtherChannel.
The EtherChannel bundle is working.
Switch S2 did not use a compatible EtherChannel mode.
Switch S2 must be configured so that the maximum number of port channels is increased