Refer to the exhibit. Consider that the main power has just been restored. PC1 asks the DHCP server for IPv4 addressing. The DHCP server sends it an IPv4 address. While PC2 is still booting up, PC3 issues a broadcast IPv4 DHCP request. To which port will SW1 forward this request?
to Fa0/1, Fa0/2, and Fa0/3 only
to Fa0/1, Fa0/2, and Fa0/4 only
to Fa0/1, Fa0/2, Fa0/3, and Fa0/4
to Fa0/1 and Fa0/2 only
to Fa0/1 only
2. What is a collapsed core in a network design?
a combination of the functionality of the distribution and core layers
a combination of the functionality of the access, distribution, and core layers
a combination of the functionality of the access and core layers
a combination of the functionality of the access and distribution layers
3. A network designer must provide a rationale to a customer for a design which will move an enterprise from a flat network topology to a hierarchical network topology. Which two features of the hierarchical design make it the better choice? (Choose two.)
simpler deployment for additional switch equipment
easier to provide redundant links to ensure higher availability
reduced cost for equipment and user training
less required equipment to provide the same performance levels
lower bandwidth requirements
4. What is a basic function of the Cisco Borderless Architecture distribution layer?
aggregating Layer 3 routing boundaries
aggregating all the campus blocks
acting as a backbone
providing access to the user
5. ABC, Inc. has about fifty hosts in one LAN. The administrator would like to increase the throughput of that LAN. Which device will increase the number of collision domains and thereby increase the throughput of the LAN?
6. What information is added to the switch table from incoming frames?
source MAC address and incoming port number
destination MAC address and incoming port number
destination IP address and incoming port number
source IP address and incoming port number
7. What does the term “port density” represent for an Ethernet switch?
the number of available ports
the numbers of hosts that are connected to each switch port
the speed of each port
the memory space that is allocated to each switch port
8. What is one advantage of using the cut-through switching method instead of the store-and-forward switching method?
has a lower latency appropriate for high-performance computing applications
has a positive impact on bandwidth by dropping most of the invalid frames
makes a fast forwarding decision based on the source MAC address of the frame
provides the flexibility to support any mix of Ethernet speeds
9. Which type of transmission does a switch use when the destination MAC address is not contained in the MAC address table?
10. What are two advantages of modular switches over fixed-configuration switches? (Choose two.)
need for fewer power outlets
availability of multiple ports for bandwidth aggregation
lower forwarding rates
lower cost per switch
11. Which switch form factor should be used when large port density, fault tolerance, and low price are important factors?
rackable 1U switch
12. What is one function of a Layer 2 switch?
determines which interface is used to forward a frame based on the destination MAC address
forwards data based on logical addressing
learns the port assigned to a host by examining the destination MAC address
duplicates the electrical signal of each frame to every port
Refer to the exhibit. How is a frame sent from PCA forwarded to PCC if the MAC address table on switch SW1 is empty?
SW1 floods the frame on all ports on SW1, excluding the port through which the frame entered the switch.
SW1 forwards the frame directly to SW2. SW2 floods the frame to all ports connected to SW2, excluding the port through which the frame entered the switch.
SW1 floods the frame on all ports on the switch, excluding the interconnected port to switch SW2 and the port through which the frame entered the switch.
SW1 drops the frame because it does not know the destination MAC address.
14. What is a basic function of the Cisco Borderless Architecture access layer?
provides access to the user
aggregates Layer 3 routing boundaries
provides high availability
aggregates Layer 2 broadcast domains
16. What are two reasons a network administrator would segment a network with a Layer 2 switch? (Choose two.)
to enhance user bandwidth
to isolate traffic between segments
to eliminate virtual circuits
to create more broadcast domains
to isolate ARP request messages from the rest of the network
to create fewer collision domains
17. An administrator purchases new Cisco switches that have a feature called StackPower. What is the purpose of this feature?
It enables the sharing of power among multiple stackable switches.
It enables many switches to be connected with a special fiber-optic power cable to provide higher bandwidth.
It enables many switches to be connected to increase port density.
It enables many switches to be physically stacked in an equipment rack.
It enables AC power for a switch to be provided from a powered patch panel.
Refer to the exhibit. Fill in the blank.
There are collision domains in the topology.
19. Fill in the blank.
A network is one that uses the same infrastructure to carry voice, data, and video signals.
Refer to the exhibit. Fill in the blank.
There are broadcast domains in the topology.
21. What tool is important to consider for use when making hardware improvement decisions about switches?
switched virtual interfaces
traffic flow analysis
22. What is the maximum wire speed of a single port on a 48-port gigabit switch?
23. When the installation of a network infrastructure is being planned, which technology will allow power to be provided via Ethernet cabling to a downstream switch and its connected devices?
wireless APs and VoIP phones
24. Match the function to the corresponding switch type. (Not all options are used.)
Layer 2 switches
[+] typically used in the access layer of a switched network
[+] forward traffic based on information in the Ethernet header
[#] can build a routing table
[#] supports a few routing protocols
Espero haber ayudado en algo. Hasta la próxima oportunidad!