1. A computer in a given network is communicating with a specific group of computers. What type of communication is this?
2. What method can be used by two computers to ensure that packets are not dropped because too much data is being sent too quickly?
3. Which protocol is responsible for controlling the size and rate of the HTTP messages exchanged between server and client?
4. A user is viewing an HTML document located on a web server. What protocol segments the messages and manages the segments in the individual conversation between the web server and the web client?
5. A web client is sending a request for a webpage to a web server. From the perspective of the client, what is the correct order of the protocol stack that is used to prepare the request for transmission?
HTTP, TCP, IP, Ethernet
Ethernet, TCP, IP, HTTP
HTTP, IP, TCP, Ethernet
Ethernet, IP, TCP, HTTP
6. What are proprietary protocols?
protocols developed by organizations who have control over their definition and operation
protocols that can be freely used by any organization or vendor
a collection of protocols known as the TCP/IP protocol suite
protocols developed by private organizations to operate on any vendor hardware
7. Which IEEE standard enables a wireless NIC to connect to a wireless AP that is made by a different manufacturer?
8. What is an advantage of network devices using open standard protocols?
A client host and a server running different operating systems can successfully exchange data.
Competition and innovation are limited to specific types of products.
Network communications is confined to data transfers between devices from the same vendor.
Internet access can be controlled by a single ISP in each market.
9. What is a function of Layer 4 of the OSI model?
to describe the ordered and reliable delivery of data between source and destination
to represent data to the user, including encoding and dialog control
to specify the packet type to be used by the communications
to apply framing information to the packet, based on the attached media
10. Which statement is true about the TCP/IP and OSI models?
The TCP/IP transport layer and OSI Layer 4 provide similar services and functions.
The first three OSI layers describe general services that are also provided by the TCP/IP internet layer.
The TCP/IP network access layer has similar functions to the OSI network layer.
The OSI Layer 7 and the TCP/IP application layer provide identical functions.
11. What is a benefit of using a layered model for network communications?
fostering competition among device and software vendors by enforcing the compatibility of their products
avoiding possible incompatibility issues by using a common set of developing tools
enhancing network transmission performance by defining targets for each layer
simplifying protocol development by limiting every layer to one function
12. What is the general term that is used to describe a piece of data at any layer of a networking model?
protocol data unit
13. Which PDU format is used when bits are received from the network medium by the NIC of a host?
14. At which layer of the OSI model would a logical address be encapsulated?
data link layer
15. Which statement accurately describes a TCP/IP encapsulation process when a PC is sending data to the network?
Segments are sent from the transport layer to the internet layer.
Data is sent from the internet layer to the network access layer.
Frames are sent from the network access layer to the internet layer.
Packets are sent from the network access layer to the transport layer.
16. What statement describes the function of the Address Resolution Protocol?
ARP is used to discover the MAC address of any host on the local network.
ARP is used to discover the IP address of any host on the local network.
ARP is used to discover the IP address of any host on a different network.
ARP is used to discover the MAC address of any host on a different network.
17. Which address provides a unique host address for data communications at the internet layer?
Layer 2 address
18. Which address does a NIC use when deciding whether to accept a frame?
destination MAC address
source MAC address
source Ethernet address
destination IP address
source IP address
19. A user sends an HTTP request to a web server on a remote network. During encapsulation for this request, what information is added to the address field of a frame to indicate the destination?
the MAC address of the default gateway
the IP address of the destination host
the MAC address of the destination host
the IP address of the default gateway
20. If the default gateway is configured incorrectly on the host, what is the impact on communications?
The host can communicate with other hosts on the local network, but is unable to communicate with hosts on remote networks.
The host is unable to communicate on the local network.
There is no impact on communications.
The host can communicate with other hosts on remote networks, but is unable to communicate with hosts on the local network.
IEEE -> is a professional organization for those in the electrical engineering and electronics fields. It creates and maintains standards affecting a wide range of industries including telecommunications, and networking.
EIA -> is an international standards and trade organization for electronics organizations. It is best known for its standards related to electrical wiring, connectors, and the 19-inch racks used to mount networking equipment.
22. Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
Based on the configured network, what IP address would PC1 and PC2 use as their default gateway?
Espero haber ayudado en algo. Hasta la próxima oportunidad!