Refer to the exhibit. A switch was configured as shown. A ping to the default gateway was issued, but the ping was not successful. Other switches in the same network can ping this gateway. What is a possible reason for this?
1. The default gateway address must be 192.168.10.1.
2. The ip default-gateway command has to be issued in the VLAN interface configuration mode.
3. The VLAN IP address and the default gateway IP address are not in the same network.
4. The no shutdown command was not issued for VLAN 1.
5. The local DNS server is not functioning correctly.
2. While trying to solve a network issue, a technician made multiple changes to the current router configuration file. The changes did not solve the problem and were not saved. What action can the technician take to discard the changes and work with the file in NVRAM?
1. Issue the reload command without saving the running configuration.
2. Close and reopen the terminal emulation software.
3. Delete the vlan.dat file and reboot the device.
4. Issue the copy startup-config running-config command.
3. Why is it important to configure a hostname on a device?
1. to allow local access to the device through the console port
2. a Cisco router or switch only begins to operate when its hostname is set
3. to identify the device during remote access (SSH or telnet)
4. a hostname must be configured before any other parameters
4. Which procedure is used to access a Cisco 2960 switch when performing an initial configuration in a secure environment?
1. Use the console port to locally access the switch from a serial or USB interface of the PC.
2. Use Secure Shell to remotely access the switch through the network.
3. Use Telnet to remotely access the switch through the network.
4. Use the AUX port to locally access the switch from a serial or USB interface of the PC.
5. What criterion must be followed in the design of an IPv4 addressing scheme for end devices?
1. Each local host should be assigned an IP address with a unique network component.
2. Each IP address must match the address that is assigned to the host by DNS.
3. Each IP address must be unique within the local network.
4. Each IP address needs to be compatible with the MAC address.
6. A network administrator needs to keep the user ID, password, and session contents private when establishing remote CLI connectivity with a switch to manage it. Which access method should be chosen?
7. Which interface allows remote management of a Layer 2 switch?
1. the switch virtual interface
2. the console port interface
3. the AUX interface
4. the first Ethernet port interface
8. What is a result of using the service password-encryption command on a Cisco network device?
1. All passwords in the configuration are not shown in clear text when viewing the configuration.
2. The command encrypts the banner message.
3. The command encrypts the enable mode password.
4. A network administrator who later logs into the device will be required to enter an administrator password in order to gain access to the Cisco device.
9. Match the difinitions to their respective CLI hot keys and shortcuts (Not all options are used)
– Tab – Completes the remainder of a partially typed command or keyword
– Ctrl-R – Redisplays, on a new line, the command currently being typed
– Ctrl-Z – Exits configuration mode and returns to the EXEC
– Up Arrow – Allows user to scroll backward through former commands
– Ctrl-C – cancels any command currently being entered and returns directly to privileged EXEC mode
– Ctrl-Shift-6 – Allows the user to interrupt an IOS process such as ping or traceroute.
10. A network administrator is planning an IOS upgrade on several of the head office routers and switches. Which three questions must be answered before continuing with the IOS selection and upgrade? (Choose three.)
1. What models of routers and switches require upgrades?
2. Do the routers and switches have enough RAM and flash memory for the proposed IOS versions?
3. What ports are installed on the routers and switches?
4. Are the devices on the same LAN?
5. What features are required for the devices?
6. Do the devices have enough NVRAM to store the IOS image?
11. What benefit does DHCP provide to a network?
1. Hosts can connect to the network and get an IP address without manual configuration.
2. Duplicate addresses cannot occur on a network that issues dynamic addresses using DHCP and has static assignments.
3. DHCP allows users to refer to locations by a name rather than an IP address.
4. Hosts always have the same IP address and are therefore always reachable.
12. Which two functions are provided to users by the context-sensitive help feature of the Cisco IOS CLI? (Choose two.)
1. providing an error message when a wrong command is submitted
2. allowing the user to complete the remainder of an abbreviated command with the TAB key
3. displaying a list of all available commands within the current mode
4. selecting the best command to accomplish a task
5. determining which option, keyword, or argument is available for the entered command
13. A router has a valid operating system and a configuration stored in NVRAM. When the router boots up, which mode will display?
1. global configuration mode
2. user EXEC mode
3. setup mode
4. ROM monitor mode
14. Which two features are characteristics of flash memory? (Choose two.)
1. Flash receives a copy of the IOS from RAM when a device is powered on.
2. Flash provides nonvolatile storage.
3. The contents of flash may be overwritten.
4. Flash is a component in Cisco switches but not in Cisco routers.
5. The contents of flash may be lost during a power cycle.
15. Passwords can be used to restrict access to all or parts of the Cisco IOS. Select the modes and interfaces that can be protected with passwords. (Choose three.)
1. boot IOS mode
2. Ethernet interface
3. privileged EXEC mode
4. VTY interface
5. console interface
6. router configuration mode
16. Why would a Layer 2 switch need an IP address?
1. to enable the switch to send broadcast frames to attached PCs
2. to enable the switch to function as a default gateway
3. to enable the switch to receive frames from attached PCs
4. to enable the switch to be managed remotely
17. What is a user trying to determine when issuing a ping 10.1.1.1 command on a PC?
1. if there is connectivity with the destination device
2. what type of device is at the destination
3. if the TCP/IP stack is functioning on the PC without putting traffic on the wire
4. the path that traffic will take to reach the destination
18. What command can be used on a Windows PC to see the IP configuration of that computer?
2. show interfaces
3. show ip interface brief
19. Which statement is true about the running configuration file in a Cisco IOS device?
1. It should be deleted using the erase running-config command.
2. It is automatically saved when the router reboots.
3. It affects the operation of the device immediately when modified.
4. It is stored in NVRAM.
20. Match the description to the common IOS CLI access method (Not all options are used)
Virtual interface – Target (Y)->It requires an active network connection. (Y)
AUX port – Target (X) -> It connects through dialup connections. (X)
AUX port – Target (Y) -> It is not supported on Catalyst switch devices. (Y)
Virtual interface – Target (X) -> It uses Telnet or SSH protocols for access. (X)
Console port – Target (X) -> It displays startup, debugging, and error messages by default. (X)
Console port – Target (Y) -> It can be used to restore an out-of-box configuration on a switch or router. (Y)
21. Which two characters are allowed as part of the hostname of a Cisco device? (Choose two.)
3. question mark
22. A new network administrator has been asked to enter a banner message on a Cisco device. What is the fastest way a network administrator could test whether the banner is properly configured?
1. Power cycle the device.
2. Enter CTRL-Z at the privileged mode prompt.
3. Exit global configuration mode.
4. Exit enable mode and press Enter.
5. Reboot the device.
Espero haber ayudado en algo. Hasta la próxima oportunidad!