1. Which three Wi-Fi standards operate in the 2.4GHz range of frequencies? (Choose three.)
3. Which feature of 802.11n wireless access points allows them to transmit data at faster speeds than previous versions of 802.11 Wi-Fi standards did?
4. A administrator wishes to extend the range of the existing IEEE 802.11n network without changing the AP. What can the administrator do to accomplish this?
Change to WPA2 authentication.
Split the wireless traffic between the 802.11n 2.4 GHz band and the 5 GHz band.
Deploy a Wi-Fi Range Extender.
Upgrade the firmware on the AP.
5. What is an advantage of SSID cloaking?
It is the best way to secure a wireless network.
Clients will have to manually identify the SSID to connect to the network.
It provides free Internet access in public locations where knowing the SSID is of no concern.
SSIDs are very difficult to discover because APs do not broadcast them.
6. An employee connects wirelessly to the company network using a cell phone. The employee then configures the cell phone to act as a wireless access point that will allow new employees to connect to the company network. Which type of security threat best describes this situation?
rogue access point
denial of service
7. Which type of wireless topology is created when two or more Basic Service Sets are interconnected by Ethernet?
ad hoc WLAN
8. Which organization certifies vendors for adherence to the 802.11 standards to improve interoperability of 802.11 products?
9. Fill in the blank. Do not use abbreviations.
Ad hoc wireless topologies sometimes can use a feature called TETHERING to enable a smartphone to create a personal hotspot.
10. A company has recently implemented an 802.11n wireless network. Some users are complaining that the wireless network is too slow. Which solution is the best method to enhance the performance of the wireless network?
Disable DHCP on the access point and assign static addresses to the wireless clients.
Upgrade the firmware on the wireless access point.
Split the traffic between the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands.
Replace the wireless NICs on the computers that are experiencing slow connections.
11. A student uses a laptop to upload an assignment to a file server. Which wireless frame type did the laptop send to locate and associate with the campus access point?
12. Which security mode is the least secure choice when a home wireless router is configured?
13. During which stage of establishing connectivity between a WLAN client and an AP does the client learn the MAC address of the AP?
14. For which discovery mode will an AP generate the most traffic on a WLAN?
15. Which two roles are typically performed by a wireless router that is used in a home or small business? (Choose two.)
RADIUS authentication server
16. If three 802.11b access points need to be deployed in close proximity, which three frequency channels should be used? (Choose three.)
17. Which type of management frame may regularly be broadcast by an AP?
18. What is the purpose of the Distributed Coordination Function in an IEEE 802.11 WLAN environment?
It is used to send data over a half-duplex connection.
It is used in a full-duplex environment to detect collisions.
It allows a client to detect whether or not a channel is clear prior to transmission.
It allows the client to change transmission channels.
19. What type of wireless antenna is best suited for providing coverage in large open spaces, such as hallways or large conference rooms?
21. What is a difference between Cisco APs that operate in a home environment and Cisco APs that operate in a corporate environment?
Cisco corporate APs do not support PoE.
Autonomous APs are used only in the home environment, and they incorporate the functions of a router, switch, and AP into one device.
Controller-based APs are used in the corporate environment, and they are server-dependent devices that require an initial configuration to operate.
Some corporate AP models can operate in either autonomous mode or controller-based mode.
Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
What is the SSID of the connected network and which message is displayed in the browser window?
Message: Good job!
Message:Congratulations! You were able to connect it!
Message: Well done!
Message:Congratulations! You did it!
23. Which statement defines the control frame operation between two stations?
A station responds to an RTS frame with an ACK frame, thus providing permission for the requesting station to send a data frame.
If the sending station does not receive an ACK frame within a predetermined period of time, the sending station will drop the connection.
After receiving a data frame, the receiving station will send an ACK frame to the sending station if no errors are found.
A station sends an RTS frame as the first step in a three-way handshake that is required before sending data frames.
Espero haber ayudado en algo. Hasta la próxima oportunidad!